Monday, July 16, 2007

Last chance for first batch of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Now is the last chance to pre-order a copy
of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from the first batch being sold when the book is released! To order from Amazon, just click on the following link before noon EST on July 17.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0545010225?tag=hpt-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0545010225

If you're thinking about what's going to happen in this seventh and final Harry Potter book, see here and here for two predictions that I've made based on ideas from Harry Potter and Torah. I'll post a few more predictions here later this week.


2 comments:

thanbo said...

Dov:

Evidently you recommended preordering. Have you dealt with the question of Shabbat delivery? I imagine it's not an issue for you in Israel, but for those of us in Galut, I know some have asked whether or not one may open the package on Shabbat. See Gil's blog, for instance.

Jon Baker

Bruce Krulwich said...

Yep, cousin, you're right that there are a number of questions that arise with the ordering and delivery of the book on Shabbat. Some have been discussed in Hirhurim and other blogs, but I haven't seen anything written that I think fully covers the issues:

1. Ordering for Shabbat delivery
2. Receiving the delivery
3. Opening the envelope
4. Reading it on Shabbat
5. Reading it during the 9 days

In a nutshell, I'm not in favor of anyone opening and reading the book on Shabbat, but I don't think that this needs to stop anyone from pre-ordering. Saturday night isn't that far away!

Here in Israel, predictably, there's a big argument about stores opening up special this Shabbat to sell it. See the Jerusalem Post for more.

I hope to have time to address these issues in a longer blog message, since I think a full look at all the issues involved is worthwhile, but I'm not sure I'll have time.