Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Passover is only a month away!

With Purim past us now, Passover is less than a month away!

Harry Potter and Torah mentions Passover and the Exodous from Egypt 4 or 5 times, and I'll be posting Passover-related material here over the next few weeks. Of course, if you want to have it all handy at your Seder, you still have time to buy the book now if you haven't yet.

One thing I do each year in preparation for Passover is to buy a new Haggadah, with a new perspective or commentary that will add something new to my Seder. One that I recommend is the Passover Survival Kit Hagaddah, pictured below on the right. There are literally hundreds of others on Amazon and in Jewish bookstores -- click here for a complete list on Amazon. I'll post later with some of my personal favorites.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by pointing out that your book hadn't yet reached Harry-Potter-level sales. If you read much of our blog, you probably noticed that I think it's delightful that the Jewish tradition sees connections everywhere. Because I love Harry Potter and Passover, I was delighted by your blog.

Bruce Krulwich said...

No insult taken! I replied here:

http://austinbloggadah.blogspot.com/2007/03/hogwarts-haggadah.html#comment-9168331574430188974